Saturday, January 21, 2012

BRRR... Sub-Zero Temps are tough

 I am here to tell you that living in the north during the month of January can be difficult at best.  We were spoiled during the month of December with the mild weather.  Well old man winter has found us with a vengeance.  The other night we left our home (a 5th wheel trailer) for a few hours and the wind had changed direction, the temperature dropped quicker than we expected and we had frozen water lines.  Needless to say it made for a cold and irritating evening.  My knight in shining armour of a husband came through and had it fixed in no time.  It just goes to show that this time of the year you can never trust the weather or in our cases we with Fibromyalgia can never trust how our bodies will react to the weather.  I know my body will betray me every time when it is cold.  By that what I mean is this- Cold weather and I DO NOT GET ALONG.  It is not at all uncommon for Fibromyalgia patients to be intolerant to cold. 

What do you do to help combat the cold weather?  Is the electric blanket your best friend?  Do you snuggle with your heating pad?  Are you found in the shower 5 times daily?  What is your secret to staying warm?  


Gentle Hugs- Michelle

3 comments:

Good said...

Wish I had 1 or 2 with the cold weather coming here in Australia.

Unknown said...

Uggg, this year February has been brutally cold and I wasn't sure if it was really the cold making me hurt so dang bad, even the gabapentin is barely making a dent in the pain. I just want to stay in my heated waterbed all day long!

Unknown said...

Uggg, this year February has been brutally cold and I wasn't sure if it was really the cold making me hurt so dang bad, even the gabapentin is barely making a dent in the pain. I just want to stay in my heated waterbed all day long!

Post a Comment